- How to do an OUTBOUNDER experiment -
videos follow, below
from the HIGHLY RECOMMENDED book:
=MIND REACH: Scientists Look at Psychic Abilities=
pages 102 -103
authors: Targ, Russell, & Puthoff, Hal PhD.
REMOTE VIEWING: A RECIPE
Telling someone how to do remote viewing is a little like trying to explain how to learn to see. There is little to tell, and we are the first to acknowledge that there is no secret. You learn to remote view by trial and error, getting feedback from the environment, in much the same way you learn to ride a bicycle. If you are interested in making use of your own, perhaps latent, psychic ability, here are a few pointers based on our experience with others in the past.
1. Ask yourself: "Is it okay with me if the world should be constructed in such a way that psychic functioning does exist?" If that is all right with you, then ask yourself: "Is it okay with me if I have ESP ability?" In an experimental vein say to yourself: "I can view a remote location."
How does that feel? If you feel any resistance to the idea of your describing a scene beyond your normal senses, then sort out the various reasons that might account for such a feeling. Has someone in authority said it was impossible, or nonsense? Do you find it difficult to explain? Repeat the questions in Step #1 until you feel comfortable with each statement, even though you may suspect that the suspension of disbelief is only temporary.
To carry out the experiment, it is useful to have the cooperation of a friend.
2. Ask your friend to pick a location—preferably unknown to you, to prevent educated guessing—and agree to be there at a particular time, and to remain there for fifteen minutes. The only requirement for the person at the target site is to pay attention to where he is, to observe. It is not necessary to try to "send" you any information.
3. At the appointed time, you, the subject, should be located in a quiet, perhaps dimly lit place where you are comfortable. Sit up and remain alert. About one minute before the time the experiment is to begin, relax and calm your thoughts, quieting the internal dialogue. It is not necessary to do more than this; no special routine or meditation is needed.
4. Now is the time for you to describe the target location—to yourself or, preferably, to a second friend who does not know what the target is and is free to ask you questions as you go along. Describe the mental images that seem to be associated with where the outbound friend has gone. What do you see? What are the colors? What kinds of shapes come to mind?
It is essential to avoid trying to figure it out by analysis, or trying to name the place. Just relate the basic images and feelings. The extent to which you are able to capture basic impressions is the extent to which you will probably be correct in your description of the remote place. It is important to remember that analysis appears to be antagonistic to the functioning of remote viewing, at least at first.
5. Try sketching the various aspects of the scene that come to mind. Even when erroneous interpretations creep in, drawings often remain true to the basic patterns of the remote scene. Be willing to draw what pops into your mind, even though you don't know what it is that the drawings represent. When you see the remote target in person, the significance of the drawings may become clear.
6. You, the subject, should visit the remote target as soon as possible after the end of the fifteen-minute interval allotted for remote viewing. In this way, feedback takes place while the images are still fresh in your mind, and you can make an internal comparison that will be useful in future experiments.
It will help to keep in mind that so far we have not found a single person who could not do remote viewing to satisfaction. Of course, there are differences in each person's ability—as there are in the ability to sing or play the piano: some subjects are more consistently reliable, others get better faster. The indications are that this is a widespread human talent, and chances are that you will be amazed at your own psychic ability.